Partnering with God to change your career
The garden was perfect (before the fall) and there was plenty to eat.
In reality Adam did not need to work, yet God gave him work to do. The reason being that God instilled in Adam potential and only by doing the work God gave him and called him to, would Adam experience fulfillment by expressing his God-given potential.
Adam (just as you and I) was made in the image of God and we read in the bible that God worked (He created). Therefor man shares in the image of his Creator through and by his work. What is more, doing the work God created and calls us for, allow us to express our potential and when that happens we experience fulfillment.
So if you find yourself feeling unfulfilled and bored with your work, experience it as laborious, tiresome and burdensome, it could be signs that you are not doing the work God called you for and created you to do.
I want to give you a starting point to discover the work God created you for.
And NO the starting point is not “Lord show me what work I was created to do”. 🙂
A better starting point is to ask God who you are, what potential He built into you, what talents and gifts He wove into you.
In other words you want to get to know what unique part of His image He instilled in you.
Receiving revelation of who you are and all the gifts, talents, abilities and potential He put into you will provide you with the keys to unlock the door to know what it is that will bring you fulfillment in your career/work life.
Practical steps to take:
- Begin to commit and spend quiet time with the Lord.
- Get yourself a journal.
- Spend 10 minutes each day for 21 days to write in your journal.
- The 10 minutes is spent asking God to reveal the things/potential/gifts/talents, etc. which He instilled in you.
- As the thoughts and ideas come, write them down in your journal (and the date).
- Do not read what you’ve written down.
- Each day just write down what comes into your mind without reading the previous you’ve written.
- Only after the 21 days go back to read all that you have written.
May you be blessed with God's love and the power of the Holy Spirit.