9 reasons why it’s hard to discover your passion
Many of us have a hard time identifying our passion. Why is that?
- The culture around us defines us more than our hidden, suppressed dreams.
- We think it’s selfish to become introspective.
- We’re trying to survive our too busy lives and don’t have time to reconsider why we hate what we do for a living.
- We think it’s wrong to do what we love.
- Fear of rejection. We are afraid that we will be rejected if we dare trying to do what we love.
- We are afraid if we identify our passion, we’ll have to act on it and that means risking failure.
- We believe it is not possible to make a living form our passion.
- We fear the unknown and therefore do not even try to discover our passion.
- We want to make a difference but we feel too insignificant.
Some of these reasons are related to our fears while others are related to limiting beliefs.